2016/08/30

Top Ten Tuesday: Lessons from Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is back-to-school and we can do anything related to it. I decided to do one listing the top ten lessons I have learnt from books. We all gain knowledge on different subjects in school, but we can't deny reading has taught us some important life lessons.




1. Your family will always be there for you.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Hazel Grace has a loving family who will always be there for her. Sickness does not stop them from loving one another.


2. People can easily be corrupted by power.

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. *spoilers* Even though Coin leads the rebellion, she wants power for herself. *end of spoilers*


3. No matter how weird you are, someone is going to be your friend.

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. Tony can be quite embarrassing, but Will accepts him for who he is because he is a loyal friend.



4. It is okay to lose things.

A Place Called Here by Cecilia Ahern. We all lose things without reasons. A sock, a pen, a notebook. We don't know where they have gone but it is okay. We can let them go.



5. Enjoy The Present.

The Present by Spencer Johnson. A very short story which I think everyone should read.





6. We affect one another like dominos.

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. It's still one of the most influential book I have read when I was in high school.



7. Stand up for yourself.

How to be Popular by Meg Cabot. We have to stand up for ourselves and stop conforming.



8. When you're so eagerly searching for love, you may be missing what is right in front of you.

The Future of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler. A fun read about finding love in the right place.



9. Don't let your past destroy you.

Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella. Life goes on. Don't dwell in the past.



10. Don't make conclusion without knowing the full story.

Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke. Sometimes we only get one side of the story and it may not even be the truth.



I hope everyone is enjoying this week's Top Ten Tuesday because I had fun making this list. I want to know what you have come up with with the back-to-school theme. Leave your link below and I'll read your post! :)


2 comments

  1. I LOVE Hazel's family in the Fault in Our Stars. I feel like awesome families aren't too common in YA novels (or at least the more popular ones), so it's refreshing to read about them (: Believe it or not, that's the only book on your TTT that I've read!

    -Ali @ thebandarblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? And I also think Lara Jean's family in To All The Boys I've Loved Before is awesome too (don't know if you've read it or not). Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
© Ravishing Tales
Maira Gall