2016/08/02

Top Ten Tuesday: Books You'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed You A Fully Loaded Gift Card

A FULLY LOADED GIFT CARD!!!! What would you do if you were handed this? What book would you buy? Here are the ten books I'd buy with it.

1. Illuminae (Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristof

I want this book. It's fun. It's not written in the usual way. It's a book consisting of documents that unfold the story. How cool is that? I've been struggling whether to buy the paperback or the hardcover edition. The paperback is far cheaper than the hardback, but the hardback is gorgeous. I've searched it online and the book jacket has a bit of transparent effect which I like so much. I'd definitely buy it if I had this imaginary gift card.


2. Overdue by Richie Tankersley Cusack

I want every book Richie Tankersley Cusack has ever written. Unluckily it is really hard to find her Point Horror books nowadays and the newly republished ones are super pricey even on Book Depository. Ugh.


3. The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicles #1) by Patrick Rothfuss

I've been wanting to buy this but I'm low on money. Again, I'm struggling, this time between the big paperback and mass paperback edition. So if I had this gift card, I think I'd definitely get the big paperback edition. I have this thingy for big books. Charming.


4. The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury

Another retelling. Just look at the cover! It's so enchanting and I'm intrigued by the story of Aladdin and the genie.


5. The Bone Season (The Bone Season #1) by Samantha Shannon

Mainly for collection purpose. Wish I owned this book! Also, I'd love to reread it.


6. William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope (William Shakespeare's Star Wars #4) by Ian Drescher

Star Wars + Humor. Who can resist? I would buy this and give it to my boyfriend as a present. We always try to be careful with money so if I bought this right now with my own money, he would probably be angry at me. If I bought it with a gift card? Sure.


7. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

I'm actually going to buy this book because I want to read something light and fun this month!


8. A Wrinkle in Time Trilogy (Barnes & Noble Collectible Editions) by Madeleine L'Engle

I have been eyeing this series since I've read When You Reach Me. Yet I have this strange habit which is if I'm going to buy a classic book, I'm going to get one with a pretty cover. This hardback is irresistible!


9. The Big Book of Christmas Mysteries by Otto Penzler

Simply because I really like the vintage cover. There's a big collection of The Big Book of... series but I love Christmas so I chose this.


10. Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo

I don't particularly want to read this book immediately but I think the hardcover's design is really clever and it wouldn't hurt if I was buying this with a gift card. They make the side of the pages black so the book appears like a crow, all-black. Genius.
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
© Ravishing Tales
Maira Gall