2016/06/14

Top Ten Tuesday: Popular Series I Haven't Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Instead of making a post following the list, I have decided to make an exception for the first one I'm posting! This week, I have made a list of top ten popular series I haven't read! (Shame on me!)


These are the ones I haven't read but intended to:

1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

I know. Shame on me. I have always planned to borrow this one from the library, but they are always on a million other reservation lists so I have lost the motivation for it. BUT, a couple of days ago I found out Stephen Fry actually read for the audiobooks! So, I'm definitely getting the audiobooks instead of waiting on that long list.

2. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

This is on my TBR list. I was not interested in Cinder when it first came out, because it is set in New Beijing, and I do not like novels set in China. However, I have heard the last two books in the series are exceedingly worth reading. PLUS, seeing the final instalment, Winter, has more than 800 pages. I can't resist. I just can't.

3. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater

I did not enjoy the second and the last book in Stiefvater's first series, The Wolves of Mercy Falls, and that is why I didn't pick up The Raven Boys. I decided to give it a try after reading reviews about how this series is way better than the last.

4. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

I have already read the excerpt of The Wrath and the Dawn, and I can tell it would be an intriguing read. Now, I just have to get the books.

5. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

I came across this series when I ordered the Sci-fi Coaster Set on Out of Print. I was really curious about the cover of this book and it seems hilarious! Definitely on my TBR.

6. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

You don't know how much I regret not buying this on Book Depository when it first came out. I gotta tell you, it is hard finding a popular novel during the first few weeks of its release in Hong Kong. My boyfriend would remember, as when I was looking for Red Queen in the stores for those first few weeks, he has been mishearing me say "I'm looking for wet dream". LOL.

7. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

This one is in fact a cheat. Since it is extremely difficult to go online without seeing a spoiler for this one, I have decided to start reading Queen of Shadows first, then back to Throne of Glass and read chronologically. I knew what happened already. Poor me. Yet, Sarah J. Maas's books are hard to resist. So, here I am.

8. The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss

It would be a shame if I call myself a fantasy lover without ever reading this series. I feel like this is the next epic series to be turned into movies in the near future! PLUS, Patrick Rothfuss is a dedicated and honest author (open The Slow Regard of Silent Things and you will know what I am talking about), gotta read these books written by a decent man.

9. Penryn & the End of Days by Susan Ee

A sensation when it was first released as an ebook, the hype was too great that it turned into a printed book. I bought it last year at the book fair but still haven't started reading a page of it. Gosh.

10. Legend by Marie Lu

This is the last on the list and indeed the least I want to read out of these ten series. Quite a few years ago I had stood in a bookstore and read the first few chapters. I thought, great, let me add it to my Goodreads list, but then I have forgotten about this series over the years. As time goes by, there are so many more interesting stories out there for me to get into, but I will definitely read this when I feel like it again.

That's my top ten list for the popular series I haven't read. Feel free to share yours down below. I'd love to know!
SaveSave

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
© Ravishing Tales
Maira Gall