2016/10/02

September Wrap-up & October TBR

Fall is here! September was amazing and I hope this October will be too. I read 6 books in September and finished all the books on my TBR list, which I set for myself in the beginning of the month.



SEPTEMBER WRAP-UP


1. The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo #1) by Rick Riordan
I like the way Apollo speaks to the readers. It's hilarious!
Rating: 6/10
Read the full review here.

2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2) by J.K. Rowling
I like this better than the first book. Can't wait to read the next one!
Rating: 10/10

3. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I absolutely adore this magical tale!
Rating: 10/10 
Read the full review here.

4. Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
A unique way of storytelling. So creative and THAT PLOT TWIST.
Rating: 7/10

5. Scariest Stories Ever Told by Roberta Simpson Brown
An ARC I received from NetGalley. Thank you so much!
Rating: 5/10
Read the full review here.

6. A Thousand Nights (A Thousand Nights #1) by E.K. Johnston
The most feminist story I have ever read! Review to come.
Rating: 6/10


OCTOBER TBR


1. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton & Jodi Meadows
2. Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat: Why It's So Hard to Think Straight About Animals by Hal Herzog (Chinese Version)
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter #3) by J.K. Rowling
4. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
5. Halloween Night by R.L. Stone


I think I should write more reviews because I want to share my views on books I have read. I have met a few friends on bookstagram (bookstagram is fun!) and I hope that my newly decided theme on my account will make my feed look more organised. I also hope that I can finally find a job this month. *feeling determined*


Hope you all enjoy October!

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
© Ravishing Tales
Maira Gall