2016/10/04

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Villains in Books (Spoiler Alert!)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is villains. Choosing the best villains in books is new for me as I'm almost always loving the protagonist instead the antagonist in books. As a matter of fact, I can only choose seven of them. It's really hard!

Spoiler Alert - This post contains spoilers of the following series:
The Grisha, Harry Potter, A Court of Thorns and Roses, Dorothy Must Die, The Bone Season, Shatter Me, The Unseen


1. The Darkling (The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo)

No one can top him. He broke my heart.

2. Tom Riddle (Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling)

Voldemort's younger self is charming...and vicious.

3. Tamlin (A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas)

He is the bad guy in ACOMAF and after reading ACOMAF you will find out he is also the bad guy in ACOTAR. Bless Sarah J. Maas with her writing. Okay, I do like Tamlin. I know a lot of people hate him, but because of ACOTAR feelings I still like him and don't want him to die in the next book.

4. Dorothy Gale (Dorothy Must Die series by Danielle Page)

I know she's a snorb, but I can see why she becomes a b*tch after reading the novella No Place Like Home. I like her better than the main character in the series.

5. Jax (The Bone Season series by Samantha Shannon)

He's not exactly a villain, but he is bad, real bad. I have a love-hate relationship with this character.

6. Warner (Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi)

I'm cheating a bit with this one as he is not the bad guy after all. I know I've said this in another post, but who doesn't love Warner?

7. Jared (The Unseen series by Richie Tankersley Cusick)

I don't remember a lot about this series except the confusing ending. But, I remember how gripping Cusick's writing is. I finished Part I & II in a day and went to the bookstore to pick up Part III & IV. I also remember the really hot guy being the villain in the last book. I was like, I TRUSTED YOU!



Who is your favourite villain and why?

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
© Ravishing Tales
Maira Gall